It occurs to me that I really should be working on the images for the book simultaneously as finishing the first draft of the manuscript.
The reason for this is obvious: It will take me far longer to created the images to the level of quality I need them to be then it will for me to finish working on the manuscript.
(Why am I not calling it a novel)
Everyday that I spend on the novel instead of working on my illustrations is another day lost to make them look amazing.
I'm going to have to set myself a flexible routine that will allow me to juggle my many balls without dropping them. The finishing novel (Ha! See now, that didn't hurt did it?) will be far less work intensive than finishing the artwork. And besides, I'll be getting marked based on the images I create instead of the words i write won't I?
I'll have just have to do as much as i can for Tuesday then present them the manuscript as work in progress that is closer to being completed than it is to being half finished.
And I really, really need to start getting some early nights in. This waking up at 10/11/12 and sleeping at 2/3/4 at night malarkey is completely counter productive. I need to start getting up at 8 in the morning. 9 at the latest.
Crape diem
No comments:
Post a Comment